Use these peppers as a veggie-heavy side dish or to satisfy non-meat eaters in your life in a totally non-boring way.
By Ariel Rebel
- 1 small bell pepper, cut in half length wise
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of cooked spaghetti squash
- ¼ cup of cooked and coarsely chopped baby spinach
- ⅓ cup of finely chopped carrots
- ¼ teaspoon of Smoked Spanish Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of dried Savory
- 2 tablespoons of soy milk
- ½ teaspoon of soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon of whole green peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Cheese to melt on top
- Pre-heat your oven at 350 and line a parchment paper on a baking sheet. Put your sliced bell peppers and brush them with oil. Let to roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, on the stove top, at MEDIUM/HIGH heat… start by heating a tab of olive oil with the minced garlic carrots and spinach for 4-5 minutes while stirring often. Then add the squash and the rest of the ingredients and let cook for 10 minutes. Keep stirring, remove from heat and reserve.
- Once the 30 minutes is done, remove your bell pepper out of the oven and stuff them with your squash mixture. Add the grated cheese of your choice on top and put back in the oven for an extra 20 minutes.
- When you see that there is only 3-4 minutes left, crank your oven to broil and grill the top of your cheese till it’s brown enough to your liking