This pineapple cardamom and vanilla butter preserves well and makes a great edible gift!
We were blessed with a bounty of fresh pineapples one week, from a friend. I mean…like 6 or 8 pineapples! All needing to be used within a short amount of time. So, I sat there with my counter completely covered with the fruit going, “…what…am….I…going…to….do…?” Then it hit me- Instant Pot the heck out of those things and make a much quicker version of my pineapple butter with vanilla and cardamom. Duh. We LOVE that recipe. So that’s just what I did.
- 3½ pounds chopped fresh pineapple, juices drained
- 3 teaspoons good quality vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- *optional* 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped out and used
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon unflavored grass fed beef gelatin (regular unflavored Knox brand will work just as good, but with less health benefits)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Place the chopped pineapple, vanilla extract, ground cardamom, vanilla seeds, coconut oil and coconut sugar into the bowl of your Instant Pot.
- Turn on Instant Pot, place lid on and slide to lock. Turn pressure gage so its set to "Sealing".
- Then, press "Manual", make sure it's set to "High Pressure", and set the timer to 5 minutes. Allow Instant Pot to do it's thing!
- Once the time is up, allow it to release pressure on its own, or very carefully with a towel, release the pressure yourself.
- Meanwhile, bloom the gelatin in the cold water for 5 minutes.
- Add bloomed gelatin to the pineapple butter mixture and stir until gelatin has melted. With an immersion blender (or carefully added to a high speed blender), blend everything to desired consistency. For "butter", blend until completely smooth.
- Carefully pour into clean glass jars and seal. Once cool, store in refrigerator for 2 weeks!