Favorite sweet and salty flavors of trail mix make their way into soft cookie dough. We will never look at the outdoor snack the same!
Trail Mix Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter soft
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped, or nut of your choosing
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup white or dark chocolate chunks or m&m's
- 1/4 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cream butter and both sugars on media speed until homogenous, lighter in color, and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla. Mix on media speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together or sift.
- Stir dry ingredients into butter-sugar-egg mixture.
- Fold in all ingredients from oats to coconut.
- Scoop cookies onto parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake for about 7 minutes, depending on size of cookie.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.