Easy lemon rolls are baked together in a skillet to create a sweet dough topped with melted butter, lemon zest sugar, and a tart glaze.
Easy lemon pull apart rolls are topped with melted butter & a sugared lemon zest mix. Then topped with a sweet lemon glaze after they are baked.
Is there anyone that doesn’t like lemon? I’m sure there are which is totally cool except that I’m sorry cause you are really missing out! Lemon (mixed with sugar mostly, like with these phenomenal lemon bars) or butter and garlic, with this spaghetti, is just the best! I’ve have a lot of recipes that use lemon and I am not about to stop anytime soon.
If you need a reason why these are a must make lets start with, easy! They are made with frozen dinner rolls. However, you could totally make these with homemade dough, if you’d prefer.
Another reason you need to make these is they taste so darn good! The lemon/sugar on top gets slightly crusty and then the butter melts into the rolls. Just all the best things going on here guys!
A lazy Sunday, a weekend brunch or a quiet evening is a perfect time to make these.
- 12 frozen dinner rolls, thawed but still cold (such as Rhodes)
- zest from 2 lemons
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Set the rolls out to thaw (about 1½ - 2 hours).
- While the rolls are thawing, zest the lemons and mix the zest with the sugar.
- Spray a 12" cast iron skillet or 9x13" pan.
- Cut the rolls in half. Pinch the rolls into a small ball and place in the prepared dish evenly.
- Melt the butter and pour over the rolls. Sprinkle half of the lemon sugar mixture over the rolls then cover with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place the rolls in a warm place. Let the rolls rise until double in size (about 2 hours for me).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 20-25 minutes (I cooked mine for 23 minutes). While they are baking, whisk the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl. Drizzle the glaze over rolls and enjoy!