A quick bread recipe that is perfect for brunch or with a salad, these savory cakes are loaded with flavorful sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese.
This is a very quick and easy idea for a brunch, accompanied with a salad or for snack on the beach. The juiciness of the sun-dried tomatoes and the unmistakable flavor of the Greek cheese makes these small cakes delicious for every occasion.
- 1 egg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 75 ml (3 fl oz) milk
- 50 ml (2 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g (3½ oz) Feta cheese
- Pitted black olives
- 250 g (9 oz) wholewheat flour, sifted
- 15 g (½ oz) organic baking powder (for savory cakes)
- chopped sundried tomatoes, to taste (calculate 1 or 2 for each cake)
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350°F/gas 4).
- Lightly beat the eggs with the salt, milk and oil. Add the crumbled feta, chopped olives and stir in the flour sifted with baking powder.
- Mix and pour the mixture into a muffin tray or individual cups.
- On top of each cake place one or two chopped sundried tomatoes (washed, dried and cut in half).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.