This spicy and tangy chutney is great over rice or crispy pakoras, or mix some into vegetable stir fry for some added heat.
By Prathima Rao
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves/ cilantro
- a marble size piece tamarind or tamarind paste as per taste
- rock salt - about ½ tsp or salt to taste
- 2 to 3 green chillies
- Wash the coriander leaves thoroughly. Spread them on a clean, dry kitchen towel pat dry well to remove as much of the moisture as possible.
- Retain the leaves and tender stems. Discard the hard thick stems.
- Grind all the ingredients together to coarse paste without adding water.
Born and brought up in South India amongst hard core food enthusiasts. Cooking and food has always been a part of Prathima’s growing years with every family gathering accompanied by a scrumptious and elaborate meal. Now, traditional vegetarian food of her community has paved way to contemporary and quicker dishes.