This barbecue sauce is delicious as a dip or marinade for an array of protein, try it with chicken, beef, veal, lamb or tofu.
By Ariel Rebel
- ½ cup of unsweetened basic apple sauce (apples + lemon juice – no spices)
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ⅓ cup of Heinz ketchup
- ¼ teaspoon of liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a small sauce pan, on the stove at medium heat, mix together all the ingredients and bring everything to warm temperature.
- Let simmer for about an hour, remove from heat.
- Store in a fridge for a few weeks!
Canadian food blogger, model and web designer Ariel Rebel was born in Montreal in 1985. Her love for food started at a young age by looking at her grand mother cooking pie after pie while she was trying to steal some uncooked dough from the counter. Ariel inspiration for recipes comes from her French Canadian roots mix with all her traveling memories and the countless hours she spent running around Montreal to taste all the different culinary cultures. Her passion for cooking big dinners for her friends and family never ceases to increase every year and that's what motivate her to keep learning new skills while experimenting in her kitchen at much as she can. On her blog (ZestyandSpicy.com) Ariel shares with the world her passion for flavorful and healthy recipes while blogging small pieces of her life as a model and a web entrepreneur.