How does ‘no-bake’ sound to you? Good? Of course it sounds good. Something that can be made with ease without using an oven. And something definitely for those who are busy yet looking for something splendid?
By Arundhuti Rama
A No-bake Blueberry Cheesecake would be an instant attraction for everyone. Now, who wouldn’t want an irresistable chilled desset that requires no baking?! I particularly love the soft and fluffy texture of the filling made with cream cheese and whipped cream.
- Chocolate Bourbon Biscuits - 10 pieces
- Melted Butter - 2 to 3 tbsp.
- Cream Cheese - 115 gm
- Whipped Cream - 100 ml
- Blueberries - 50 gm, slightly crushed
- Gelatin - 2 tbsp., soaked in 4 tbsp. water for 10 minutes
- Blend chocolate bourbon biscuits and melted butter together in a blender, until you get coarse crumbs.
- Pat a layer of crumbs onto the bottom of a springform pan. Tightly press the crumbs and form the crust. Chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, make the filling. Beat whipped cream till it stands in peaks. Now, beat the cream cheese and mix it with the whipped cream.
- Dissolve the soaked gelatin in a microwave in MIRCO HI power for 10 seconds.
- Gently mix the gelatin with the cream cheese-whipped cream mixture.
- Fold blueberries into the above mixture and spread over the crust.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Serve chilled.