For breakfast or an appetizer, replace crackers or biscuits with awesome veggie filled croissants that are simple to make with puff pastry dough.
By Pepe Azzurro
This recipe could be perfect for you: it can be used as appetizer, as finger food, to substitute crackers and industrial salted biscuits with something much more tasty!
It’s fast, visually appealing and with an intense mediterranean flavor bouquet: savory puff pastry mini croissants with veggies!
- 1 roll of round puff pastry
- some cherry tomatoes cut into cubes
- 16 capers
- dried oregano
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Unroll the puff pastry, take a sharp knife and cut it into 4 sections. Each of them will be divided again into 4, getting in this way 16 triangles.
- Each triangle will then be stuffed with a teaspoon of tomato cubes and a caper.
- The filling will be put just above the base of the triangle, from where you will start to roll it until you get the classic form of a croissant.
- The tips of the croissant will be now modeled, in order to seal them and to prevent the loss of the filling in the oven.
- Place now your savory puff pastry mini croissants on a baking tray, covered with parchment paper, brush them with a film of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle them with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven, in static mode, until reaching 220 °C (430°F). Put the baking tray in the oven, in a central position, lower the temperature to 180 degrees (350°F)and bake the croissants for about 15-20 minutes, or until you can see the typical golden color of the baked puff pastry.
- When cooked, wait the cooling of the croissants, before biting them!