PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
These savory blintzes are a delicious brunch option, loaded with chicken, cheese and topped with strawberry preserves.
When you think of a blintz you probably don’t imagine it filled with chicken and topped with strawberry preserves. I understand. I didn’t either until I made one and now I find myself craving them for breakfast. I am sharing my Savory Strawberry Preserves Toasted Coconut Almond Chicken Blintz Recipe with you just in time for Mother’s Day.
Are you a little skeptical about this recipe? I totally get it. Blintzes are supposed to be cheesy, creamy, and sweet right? I thought so too until the folks at Bonne Maman challenged me to create a savory breakfast using their Strawberry Preserves. I thought long and hard about this one and after seeing the package of traditional blintzes at the grocery store I decided what I was going to create: a savory chicken blintz made with toasted coconut, toasted almonds, and lemon zest. If I’m being completely honest I wasn’t sure how this was going to turn out. I did have a back up plan but after
taking a bite of the filling I was pretty sure I wasn’t going to have to use it. The addition of Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves really makes this recipe stand out and gives it a little extra sweet kick.
You probably recognize the traditional red gingham label but have you ever tried Bonne Maman preserves? Did you know Bonne Maman means “Grandmother”? Bonne Maman uses simple, wholesome ingredients…just like your grandma would use. They are produced in France (oui oui!), are non-GMO project verified, have no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial coloring and no preservatives added. I especially love the big chunks of strawberries in their strawberry preserves.
I warmed the preserves in a saucepan before plating so the whole dish would be nice and warm. If you prefer to have your preserves right in your blintz you can add some before folding your crepe.
Doesn’t this look like something Mom would enjoy on Mother’s Day? You can serve this to her on a tray for breakfast in bed or take it outside and eat in the garden. It was such a lovely day that I opted for eating my breakfast in the backyard. Serve with a side of fresh strawberries and orange juice (or a mimosa).
Bonne Maman is giving away a gorgeous 12-piece set of Le Creuset cookware plus many other goodies (over 1,000 prizes!) on their website. Click below to enter! Who doesn’t love beautiful cookware?!
For more recipe ideas, check out these fun toasts.
Savory Chicken Blintzes and Strawberry PreservesKylie
- 1 cup cooked chicken finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup toasted almonds
- ¼ cup toasted coconut
- Package of store bought crepes
- 5 tbsps Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves
- Toast coconut and almonds in a pan over low-medium heat until coconut is
- slightly golden brown. Move the coconut flakes and almonds around the pan
- constantly until done. Do not over toast or burn.
- Combine ricotta, cream cheese, egg, lemon zest and juice, and salt in a medium
- bowl and cream using a hand mixer until well blended.
- Fold warm chicken, toasted almonds, and toasted coconut into mixture.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of filling down the center of a crepe. Fold both sides
- towards the center then fold the top and bottom to make a neat little package.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a saucepan and place the blintzes, seam side down,
- in the pan. Cook about 4-5 minutes until golden.
- Carefully flip over and cook until golden on the other side.
- Heat the strawberry preserves in a small saucepan until warm.
- Remove from heat and pour over crepes.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and orange juice.
Hi I'm Kylie! I am a magic making, party planning, glitter loving, champagne drinking, Housewives watching blogger. I've got a great hubby, two kids that are my world, no pets, and more glitter than I know what to do with. My blog reflects my classic girly, pink, sparkly, and glittery style and readers enjoy my recipes, DIYs, tutorials, party inspiration, and honest product reviews.