Chef Katherine Frelon of the villa holiday company Frelon’s Fabulous France at ‘la ferme de la lochere’ in Burgundy can mentor you in a private cooking class, offer wine tours with wine expert Brendan Moore or guide you through the local markets. The most intimate and truly fabulous vacation ever awaits you in the Cote d’Or. This sunny and simple dish is easy to make and pairs well with the local wine.
- 500g cooked chicpeas (2.05 cups)
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed with the back of a heavy knife
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- 3 large sprigs of rosemary, stripped
- 2tsp flaked smoked salt
- 2 tsp crushed black pepper corns
- 200g sun blushed tomatoes (1 cup)
- 1tsp ground cardomon
- Roast in a medium 200/220°C oven (approx.390 F – 425 F), covered with foil for 1hr then remove foil and continue to roast until golden brown.
- If you prefer chicpeas to be soft, keep the foil on, but crunchy, nutty chicpeas are delicious
- Serve with GirolleTart, Sweet Morrocan Carrot Salad (recipe at Honestcooking.com) and a fresh leafy wild rocket and spinach salad.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Salad