In just a few minutes, you could be holding an ice cold pineapple coconut refresher, also known as Piña Colada Agua Fresca.
All you need are 5 minutes and 4 ingredients, and this refreshing drink will be ready to enjoy!
My entire family is somewhat obsessed with coconut water. I started drinking it during my workouts to stay hydrated and keep my blood sugar up. Then my husband started doing the same, and soon after both of my kids joined in. Beats any sugary, artificially colored drinks out there, that’s for sure! But I thought it would be fun to spunk it up a little, especially now that summer is right around the corner. I’ve always loved the coconut-pineapple combination. With a little hint of lime and a touch of agave (which you can substitute with your favorite sweetener or omit all together by the way), this drink is super refreshing and the perfect thirst quencher to keep you energized this summer.
- ½ fresh pineapple, core removed and diced
- 3 cups coconut water
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp agave (or to taste. You can also use your favorite sweetener here)
- 1 pint frozen blackberries (optional)
- Puree pineapple in the blender until smooth.
- Add coconut water, lime juice and agave and serve cold
- If using blackberries add to drink right before serving