Hummus doesn’t always have to be savory. This easy recipe packs unbelievable flavor and is great for your next party.
By Robin Runner
- 1 can of drained and rinsed garbanzo beans
- ½ cup of all natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup of maple syrup, agave or honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- ⅓ cup of dark chocolate chips
- Into your food processor or Vitamix, blend the first 5 ingredients until smooth. Then by hand stir in the chocolate chips. Serve with graham crackers, apple slices or cinnamon and sugar tortilla chips.
Robin Runner is the blogger behind www.kneadtocook.com. She grew up around two of her greatest inspirations, her Italian grandmother and her aunt. Both believed in farm to table foods, purity in nature and love as the main ingredient for anything on their menu. Today, Robin is a strong advocate of farming and buying local ingredients, as well as composting to help repurpose food scraps into rich soil for our garden.