Black chickpea salad is an easy low calorie, oil free vegan salad. It is a super simple and easy salad with a tinge of spice.
By Nisa Homey
- ½ cup dried black chickpeas.
- 1 onion, chopped.
- 1 tomato, chopped.
- 1 green chilly, finely chopped.
- ½ carrot, chopped or grated.
- 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Salt to taste.
- Coriander leaves to garnish (optional)
- Soak the dry chickpea overnight or about 5 to 6 hours.
- Wash and drain the chickpea.
- Put it in a pressure cooker with enough water.
- Pressure cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the chickpeas are cooked.
- Allow the chickpea to cool down.
- In a large bowl add the chickpea and all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Add more salt if needed.
Nisa Homey is a lawyer by profession, now a full time stay-at-home mom. Cooking is Nisa's passion but blogging about food just happened. Nisa loves cooking for her family and kids, and her focus is to let everyone know just how easy cooking can actually be.