When the temperatures are too high for a cup of tea, make a cool panna cotta dessert infused with the teabags.
By Ann Low
Here is a very simple recipe using Earl grey hot tea to transform into a cool dessert. Just chill the panna cotta few hours before meal time and serve with a dust of cocoa powder. Then enjoy a cup of this silky smooth dessert to cool you down in this hot weather.
- 8 Earl Grey tea bags, take out the tea leaves from bags
- 250ml (8.45 fluid ounces) water hot water
- 1 tbsp gelatin soak with 1 tbsp water
- 7.5 tbsp light brown sugar
- 350ml (11.8 fluid ounces) fresh milk
- Place Early grey tea leaves in a small pot. Pour into hot water and cover with a lid, leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Add in brown sugar, stir well and bring to a boil under medium heat. Then add the soaked gelatin into it and stir well till gelatin melted, off heat.
- Lastly pour in fresh milk, mix well and pass through a sieve, drain well. Use spatula to press down hard to get any extra liquid out.
- Pour tea milk into serving cups and leave to chill in the refrigerator for few hours to set.
- Dust some cocoa powder over pudding before serving.