This holiday season take your charcuterie board to a whole new exciting level. You can even ditch the physical board and dish out this elaborate spread of deliciousness.
- sliced saucisson sec (or other cut meat)
- gruyère cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- smoked duck breast (sliced)
- bread (like baguette cut in slices, crackers and/or breadsticks)
- green or your favorite olives
- rosemary sprigs and radish to decorate
- bread slices
- bloc de foie gras de canard
- petits poivrons (sweet mini peppers)
- olive oil
- cornichons (baby sour gherkins)
- green grapes or other fruit to decorate
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 package of organic pâté aux pommes et cidre
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of moutarde de Dijon
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- pomegranate seeds
- sea salt and black pepper (freshly ground)
- Arrange the rosemary sprigs around each level.
- For the FIRST LEVEL, slice the duck breast and bread, and arrange the ingredients around the plate.
- For the SECOND LEVEL, drizzle the bread on both side with a little olive oil. And toast on both sides on a frying or grilling pan. If you’d like, cut the bread in a star shape (or round) with a cookie cutter. Spread some foie gras on the bread, and top with a sweet mini peppers. Decorate the level with more mini peppers, gherkins and fruit.
- For the THIRD LEVEL:
- Make the vinaigrette: whisk olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Mix well. Feel free to add more vinegar, lemon or mustard to taste. Set aside.
- Slice the cucumber into about 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick slices. You should have about 18 to 20 slices, but it varies based on the size of your cucumbers.
- Cut each slice with a cookie cutter that fits your slice, in any fun shape you have (I did star).
- Use the same cookie cutter to cut the pâté aux pommes et cidre. Cut each slice in half or three parts, to make thinner slices.
- Top each cucumber slice with a piece of pâté. Sprinkle lightly with freshly grated sea salt
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and decorate with pomegranate seed.
- Serve on your three level stand and enjoy!
- Category: Appetizer