Discover this amazingly creamy fruit dip made with almond butter and honey.
By Serge Lescouarnec
Concerned about damage to soil that cattle grazing can bring switch from cows to almonds. Gluten free, grain free, and vegetarian, this dip is quick and easy to toss together for snacking, almond butter and honey mixed with yogurt make a great dip for apples, strawberries, or slices of bananas and kiwi. Little cubes of banana bread also pair well with this yummy dip.
In Almonds Every Which Way, More than 150 Healthy-Delicious Almond Milk, Almond Flour and Almond Butter Recipes ( Da Capo Lifelong Books, March 2014), Cheeky Kitchen Brooke McLay shows us ways to cut down on wheat and dairy products.
Here’s a first dip into the book.
- 3 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into ½-inch slices.
- Whip the almond butter, cream cheese, yogurt, and honey together in a medium bowl and chill for 1 hour to let the flavors meld.
- Sprinkle with the apple pie spice before serving. Serve with the apple slices for dipping.