Two of our favorites, coconut and macadamia nuts, combine to make these raw Coconut-Macadamia Bites for a filling snack.
It is still my favourite dessert recipe and it made me wonder if it would work as a bliss ball.
I am a big fan of healthy snacks that are easy to make and these bliss balls fall right into the easy to make category! They only take 15 minutes to make or even quicker if you are making them in your thermomix.
Coconut-Macadamia BitesVanessa Vickery
- 12 medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup raw macadamias
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey or rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons tahini either hulled or unhulled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Add all the ingredients (except the desiccated coconut) to a high speed blender (or food processor) and process until completely combined and smooth.
- Place mixture into the freezer until firm, approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and roll the mixture into small balls and coat in the desiccated coconut. Place on a lined baking tray and freeze until firm.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Ness is a qualified nutritionist, a life & wellness coach in-training, and a mother of two extremely energetic toddlers. She has created Becomingness, a health and wellness website, to help women achieve their health and wellness goals by providing accurate, accessible and attractive products and services that promote motivation, empowerment, self-belief and happiness.