Shrimp cook up really fast so you don’t have to pre-cook them for this party-ready appetizer.
By Nisa Homey
- Shrimp: 100-150 gms, cleaned.
- Ching's All In One Sauce: 1 tsp.
- Ching's Red Chilly Sauce: 1 tsp.
- Pepper powder: ½ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: ¼ tsp (I use turmeric purely for its health benefits)
- A fat pinch of salt
- Flour: 2 tbsp
- Corn flour: 2 tbsp.
- Ching's Soy Sauce: 1 tsp.
- Kashmiri Chilly Powder: 1 tsp
- Egg White: 1, beaten to stiff.
- A pinch of Baking Soda.
- Enough water to mix.
- Salt to taste (note that the sauces contain salt, so add accordingly)
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together. Add shrimp. Keep aside while we make the batter.
- In a bowl, mix 2 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp cornflour, salt, a pinch of baking soda. Then add in 1 tsp Ching's Soy sauce, 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly powder and mix.
- Add in beaten egg white (stiff).
- And enough water to make it into a smooth, thick batter.
- Add the shrimp.
- And dip each one and fry in hot oil, strain on a paper napkin.
Nisa Homey is a lawyer by profession, now a full time stay-at-home mom. Cooking is Nisa's passion but blogging about food just happened. Nisa loves cooking for her family and kids, and her focus is to let everyone know just how easy cooking can actually be.