Shrimp cook up really fast so you don’t have to pre-cook them for this party-ready appetizer.
By Nisa Homey
Chinese Batter Fried Shrimp
Shrimp cook up really fast so you don't have to pre-cook them for this party-ready appetizer.
Author: Nisa Homey
Recipe Type: Appetizer
For the marinade:
- Shrimp: 100-150 gms, cleaned.
- Ching's All In One Sauce: 1 tsp.
- Ching's Red Chilly Sauce: 1 tsp.
- Pepper powder: ½ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: ¼ tsp (I use turmeric purely for its health benefits)
- A fat pinch of salt
For the batter:
- Flour: 2 tbsp
- Corn flour: 2 tbsp.
- Ching's Soy Sauce: 1 tsp.
- Kashmiri Chilly Powder: 1 tsp
- Egg White: 1, beaten to stiff.
- A pinch of Baking Soda.
- Enough water to mix.
- Salt to taste (note that the sauces contain salt, so add accordingly)
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together. Add shrimp. Keep aside while we make the batter.
- In a bowl, mix 2 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp cornflour, salt, a pinch of baking soda. Then add in 1 tsp Ching's Soy sauce, 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly powder and mix.
- Add in beaten egg white (stiff).
- And enough water to make it into a smooth, thick batter.
- Add the shrimp.
- And dip each one and fry in hot oil, strain on a paper napkin.