Overlooking the small but quaint village of Lech in Austria, is a luxury boutique by the name of Aurelio Hotel Lech.
The hotel is one for those with deep wallets… everything can be demanded and achieved with a 24-hour concierge service, wellness centre and at-your-service hospitality by all the friendly staff running this rather exceptional luxury hotel.
If you can not afford to splash out and stay at this hotel, the restaurant could be something you can indulge in if you are in Austria – hiking, skiing or simply trekking with Alpacas ( yes, the hotel has 3 Alpacas to take you on your trails in the mountains!).
The restaurant is run by Chef Christian Rescher and his protegee Markus Niederwanger.
Be sure to ask for the gourmet menu or you will be stuck with alpine dishes which makes it a shame given the talent of Chef Christian who brings natural ingredients from the region of Vorarlberg to life.
Here is the signature dessert – Wald & Wiese – Forest and Meadow shared with Michelle Tchea’s Chefs Collective
Wald & Wiese Signature Dessert
Wald & Wiese – Aurelio’s signature dessert
- Author: Michelle Tchea
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Austrian
- Boletus-Mousse for mushrooms
- 40 g egg yolk
- 60 g egg white
- 40 g granulated sugar
- 135 g melted white couverture
- 2,5 pieces of gelatine
- 50 g boletus oil
- 10 g dried and powdered boletus
- 225 g whipped cream
- Chocolate mixture to dip the “heads”
- 100 g couverture (Valhrona Otucan 69%)
- 30 g cocoa butter
- Sweet woodruff gelée
- 180 g sweet woodruff syrup
- 70 g water
- 3 g Agar Agar (algal gallant)
- Beat the eggs with the granulated sugar until foamy
- Stir chocolate and part of the whipped cream until smooth and add to egg mixture
- Add boletus oil and other ingredients and finally the whipped cream
- Put mixture into a mushroom shape and put it into the freezer
- Sweet woodruff gelée
- bring ingredients to boil and cool them afterwards
- as soon as the mixture is cold, put it into a cup and mix it with a hand blender
- press mixture through a chinoise/sieve and fill it into bottles
Michelle Tchea is a 4-time bestselling author. Her books include, Building a Perfect Meal, My Little SoHo Kitchen, Signature Dishes (Australia's Best) and Chefs Collective. Her work can be found in other leading luxury travel and food magazines including Travel+Leisure Asia, SMILE, NUVO Magazine and The Telegraph