PARTNER POST – Get inspired with creatively crafted Castello Blue Cheese as we celebrate a Summer of Blue with #BluesdayTuesday.
A mild blue cheese and brie combo takes a regular BLT up a notch. The cheese melts over the bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes and adds wonderful flavor that is easy to create with fresh summer produce on a busy night.
By Taylor McBride
When people mention that they have a sweet tooth, I can totally relate; I have that same feeling, only mine’s with cheese. I love all different kinds, but I especially have a fondness for blue cheese. I use it often, from buffalo shrimp sandwiches to classic wedge salads. When I tried Castello’s Saga Blue Brie, the whole game had changed. The combination of blue cheese and brie is absolutely out of this world. I have to admit I had never tried it before, but as soon as I unwrapped the cheese I knew I was in for a treat. For people that are intimidated or averse to blue cheese it’s the perfect introduction– it’s very mild and paired with the brie, it makes for a wonderful melting cheese. It’s going to be your new favorite addition to your summer sandwiches.
Whenever I think summer, speedy meals (because no one wants to stand in front of a hot stove for too long) and fresh produce come to mind immediately. I am always making BLTs in the summer because not only are they a quick weeknight dinner, but because of the gorgeous tomatoes and lettuce that are in season. Since we’re celebrating #BluesdayTuesday, I wanted to come up with something that would be a snap to create on a busy weeknight, but also combine fresh, farmer’s market finds and, of course, blue cheese. This Saga Blue Brie BLT takes a regular BLT and completely one-ups it. The blue cheese melts over the bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes and adds this wonderful flavor that’s not always present with your standard BLT. Melty cheese, bacon, and avocado between two slices of bread? Is this real life? Yes. You need to go grab a wedge of this Saga Blue Brie immediately and make this sandwich; you’ll be wondering why you haven’t tried it sooner, trust me.
Castello Summer of Blue — The Blue Brie BLT
A blue cheese brie takes a BLT up a notch. The cheese melts over bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes and for great flavor with summer produce on a busy night.
- Author: Taylor McBride
- Category: Main
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 8 slices of bread
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked
- 8 thick slices of heirloom tomatoes
- 8 slices of Castello Saga Blue Brie
- Butter, for cooking
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Butter lettuce
- Begin by combining the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Mix until smooth. For the sandwich, spread one of the slices of bread with the Dijon and mayonnaise mixture and top with 2 slices of bacon. On the other slice of bread place 2 slices of bacon, followed by 2 slices of Castello Saga Blue Brie. Fold the sandwich together and butter the outer sides of the bread with butter. Repeat for remaining sandwiches.
- Heat a panini grill or frying pan over medium heat. Grill each sandwich until golden brown and the Saga Blue Brie has melted, about 3-4 minutes a side. Remove and open the sandwich and add a few slices of avocado and the butter lettuce. Close the sandwich and serve immediately while still warm.
Taylor is a self-taught cook currently living in Charlotte, NC. Having grown up around a family of great cooks, Taylor has always had a passion for food, wine, and cocktails. She is a Mexican and Southern food enthusiast and has never met an avocado she hasn’t liked. You can find her on her blog, Perpetually Hungry.
Wow this BLT looks incredible! The flavors go super well together, I want a big bite now!