A cute and healthier version of the irresistible Indian classic – Pakoras.
By Shuchi Mittal
“Anything on a stick, becomes fun to eat,
Be it sweet or savory, it’s a welcome treat.
Colorful and simple, like burgers gone small,
These cute bright fritters, should go up on a wall!”
Need I say more?
Broccoli Fritter Sticks
A cute and healthier version of the irresistible Indian classic - Pakoras.
Author: Shuchi Mittal
Recipe Type: Appetizer
For the pakoras (fritters)
- 1 cup broccoli, grated or finely chopped
- ½ cup onion, grated
- ¼ cup red pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 4 tablespoons gram flour
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil to pan fry
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5-6 baby potatoes, boiled and halved
- Coriander or basil leaves
- Combine all the ingredients for the pakoras (except the oil) and mix well with your hands. Eventually the vegetables will start to leave a little water and the gram flour will help bind them, making a sticky mixture.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Make little ping pong ball sized rounds from the mixture and pan fry till crisp and brown. Rub a little oil on your hands before making the rounds so the batter doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Sandwich the pakora between two halves of tomato or potato, secure with a toothpick and serve fresh with yogurt or mint chutney.
- A really easy & cute bite sized snack!