It’s the season of cool pasta salads and what could be more delicious than one of our favorite sandwiches becoming a bowl of pasta loaded with bacon and fresh vegetables.
Serves: 8 servings
- 8 ounces whole-wheat rotini (like Barilla)
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette, divided (like Newman’s Own)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces provolone or white cheddar cheese, cubed
- ½ head iceberg lettuce
- Cook pasta according? to package directions. Drain. Place in a large bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp dressing.
- Chop bacon and add to bowl. Add tomatoes and cheese. Chop lettuce and add to bowl. Toss with remaining ¼ cup dressing. Chill.