Easy is my middle name when it comes to mid-week meals, and when it comes to dinner this easy taco recipe with a Moroccan twist can’t get simpler. No cooking involved and make your family assemble their own tacos!
A delicious easy taco recipe with finely sliced red cabbage coleslaw, mounds of juicy roast chicken, crunchy almonds, fresh mint, green onions, and peaches.
You would probably be amused to know that I am just like you. Some nights, I just don’t want to cook dinner. I simply couldn’t be bothered. After a long hard day the thought of spending time in the kitchen, while my family wind down, depresses me.
This is why I am the queen of corner cutting wherever possible regarding weeknight meals. Meals like this easy taco recipe with a Moroccan twist, where dinner will be on the table in no time.
An easy taco recipe made from common pantry and fridge staples, with the addition of seasonal peaches. I did make my own coleslaw as I wanted a very fine slaw made from red cabbage and green onions. Of course, if you couldn’t be bothered making coleslaw then Red Rooster have you covered. I also grabbed some corn on the cob as corn is a great side dish with tacos.
- 1 Red Rooster cut roast chicken with Moroccan Glaze
- 1 extra serving of Moroccan Glaze
- 10 pack Tortillas, medium size
- 2 peaches, finely diced
- ½ bunch mint
- 1 cup oven roasted almonds
- ¼ cup low fat sour cream
- ¼ cup Japanese mayonnaise
- ½ lime, juice
- ¼ red cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions
- Remove chicken meat from the bones and shred the chicken with your fingers and place in a serving bowl.
- In separate serving bowls place peach, mint and roasted almonds.
- In a medium size bowl mix sour cream, mayonnaise and lime juice until combined. Mix through red cabbage and spring onions and place in a serving bowl.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave until warmed through. Place on a serving plate or in a basket. Cover to keep warm.
- Place all ingredients on the dining table for people to self assemble their tacos.
- Recipe Notes
- Place a tortilla on your plate. Top with a spoonful of coleslaw, a decent amount of chicken, sprinkle with roasted almonds, mint and peach. Finish off with extra Moroccan glaze to taste.