It is like a zesty jambalaya weaved into a delicious puff pastry roll. Dip in your favorite mustard or hot sauce and you’ve got gumbo to go.
By Ariel Rebel
Serve these delicious puff pastry sausage and shrimps with Dijon mustard, regular mustard or ketchup depending on what you prefer!
- Puff pastry dough
- 9 raw shrimps, skin, vein and everything else removed
- 8 roasted garlic cloves
- ½ tightly packed cup of freshly chopped basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon of fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon of cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon of low sodium soy sauce
- 6 tablespoon of VERY FINELY chopped carrots
- 3 tablespoon of VERY FINELY chopped celery
- ¼ teaspoon of ginger powder
- Inside membrane of 2 small sausages
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Sesame seeds
- Pre-heat your oven at 350. Line a parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Mix all the ingredients for your filling in a food processor and blend everything together till it becomes a nice and smooth paste. In another small bowl, prepare your egg wash by whisking the egg and water, reserve in the fridge till the end.
- Roll your pastry dough (making sure it’s always cold – never let your puff pastry get to room temperature – I usually work with a cold ice pack on the side) and make a few rectangles or squares of dough, the size you want.
- Time to add your filling and roll your pastry, follow the graphic above for the easy technique.
- Brush with your egg wash, sprinkle some sesame seeds on the top and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or till the crust is golden brown.
- Serve with any dipping sauce you want but I like mine with either ketchup of Dijon mustard!