Amp up some basic boxed pudding with stewed apples for a seasonal treat.
By Nisa Homey
- Apples: 4 to 5 medium.
- Sugar: ¼ cup.
- Water: 2-3 tbsp
- Lemon juice: 1½ tsp.
- Butter: 1 tbsp.
- Cinnamon powder: ½ tsp
- Custard powder: 3 to 4 tbsp.
- Milk: 500 ml.
- I took about 5 apples and peeled, cored, and cubed them.
- Heated a pan with a generous dollop of butter.
- Dunk in the apples, sugar, and water (if the apples are very sweet, reduce a tbsp of sugar)
- Add the cinnamon powder
- Cook/stew the apples. When done, switch off the fire and add in lemon juice and mix well, keep aside.
- Make vanilla custard with 500 mil milk as per the directions on the cover of the custard powder. Allow it to cool to room temp. Pour it into the pudding dish.
- Allow it to set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes and then take out and top it with the stewed apples. Keep back in the fridge.
- Serve chilled with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.