Treat this just like fried rice. Add what ever you would normally put in your own.
By Tania Cusack
Treat this just like fried rice. Add what ever you would normally put in your own. I used the ingredients below but feel free to experiment.
- 1 cauliflower ( approx 1 kg- 2lb total with stalk but no green leaves)
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 2 rashers of bacon ( chopped -a good smoky one is perfect)
- 1 small onion ( diced)
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- ½ cup of diced red pepper and ½ cup of celery diced
- 1 full cup of chopped coriander ( optional)
- ¼ cup of chopped chives
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of light soy ( meaning no sweet & not dark thick soy )
- Start your fried rice by roughly chopping the cauliflower then processing in batches till finely chopped to the size of rice grains, but not pureed.
- Boil a large pot of water and pour in the “rice”. bring back up to the boil and then drain. Leave to drain while preparing the other ingredients ( can be done ahead)
- Once the other ingredients are chopped begin the rice. Put a wok over a full flame and heat well. Add the oil and then onion, bacon and celery. Stir fry until soft. Add the red pepper, corn and toss till hot. Add the cauliflower rice and keep stir frying on high. If there is any liquid let it evaporate. Beat the eggs together with a drop of soy.
- Push the rice aside and pour in the egg leaving till nearly set. Add the rest of the soy sauce and toss all together with the “rice”, eggs and vegetables till well combined. Add salt to taste. Mix through the chopped herbs just before serving
- Serve with a fried eggs, cucumber and chopped chilli’s in soy sauce.