Buttery naan bread topped with charred corn, bacon, spicy jalapeños and two types of cheese. YUM.
1. While I used naan bread for my pizza, because it is too easy and delicious not to, you could absolutely use any kind of pizza dough you would like. If you are making your own dough, or using a store bought ball of pizza dough, the recipe below will yield one large pizza instead of 2 naan (individual sized) pizzas.
2. I grilled my corn for this pizza, and just in case you are new to grilling, I’ve included instructions on how I grill corn in the notes section of the recipe below. Conversely, you can prepare your corn on the cob however you would like, or you can use frozen (defrosted) or canned corn.
3. If you don’t want your pizza to be spicy, make sure you remove the seeds and ribs from the jalapeños before adding them to your pizza. All of the spiciness of a jalapeno lives in the seeds and ribs, so you can control the spiciness by removing all, some, or none of them.
4. Cotija is a Mexican cheese and can be found at most grocery stores in the specialty cheese section. If you can’t find it, feta is a good substitution!
I used Mexican Fiesta Microgreens on my pizza, but any variety of microgreens will do.
5. If microgreens aren’t your thing or you can’t find them, arugula would be equally as delicious!
6. While I didn’t add it to the pizza you see photographed here, I highly recommend you add slices of avocado to your pizza! The rich creaminess adds a wonderful texture and flavor. Just make sure you add the avocado AFTER the pizza has done baking.
- 2 Pieces Naan Bread
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 4 ounces Bacon – cooked and diced*
- 2 Jalapeños – sliced*
- 1 Ear Sweet Yellow Corn – grilled and kernels removed*
- ¼ Cup Red Onion – diced
- 2 Cups Pepper Jack Cheese – freshly grated (about 6 ounces)
- ½ Cup Cojita Cheese - crumbled
- 1 Cup Microgreens – loosely packed
- 2 TBS Cilantro – roughly chopped
- 1 Lime
- Optional Toppings: Sliced Avocado, Pepitas, Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray for easy cleanup.
- Place naan on prepared baking sheet and drizzle evenly with olive oil. Top the naan with half of the pepper jack cheese and half of the cojita. Scatter the bacon, jalapeno, corn and red onions on top. Add the remaining pepper jack and cojita. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with microgreens, cilantro and optional toppings if using. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top, slice and serve. Enjoy!