You can add vegetables of your choice along with the salad and experiment with it to suit your tastes.
By Anamika Sharma
You can serve this for lunch or dinner and can even prepare in small portions for salads along with your regular meals.
Black Chickpeas Salad
You can add veggies of your choice along with the salad and experiment it to suit your tastes, along with onions tomatoes and boiled potatoes you can also add in chopped raw mangoes to make it more tangy.
Author: Anamika Sharma
Recipe Type: Side
- - Kala Chana (Black Chickpeas) - 1 cup boiled
- - Onions (chopped finely) - 1 medium size
- - Tomato (chopped) - 1 medium size
- - Green Chilli - 1 ( as per taste- optional)
- - Boiled Potato - 1 medium size
- - Coriander for garnishing
- - Salt to taste
- - Red Chilli Powder - ¼ teaspoon or as per taste
- - Garam Masala - ¼ teaspoon
- - Amchoor powder (dry mango powder) - 1.2 teaspoon or chaat masala
- - Lemon juice as per taste
- Soak the Black Chickpeas in enough water overnight.
- Pressure cook them for about 40 mins, bring the gas flame from medium to slow after the first whistle.
- Drain the water after its cooked, you can press the chana between your thumb n index finger to check if boiled properly.
- Take a mixing bowl and add the kala chana/black chickpeas ensure the water is all drained.
- Now add in chopped tomatoes, onions and boiled cut potatoes and mix.
- Add in chopped green chilies.
- Finally add all the dry spices and mix again.
- Add in some lemon juice and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with chapatti or as a salad.