A delicious gluten-free and vegan soup based on some lovely seasonal greens.
By Amie Valpone
Vegan Asparagus Avocado Soup
Gluten-Free and Vegan
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 3 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups plain dairy-free yogurt
- ⅓ cup cashews
- ⅓ cup fresh basil
- ⅓ cup vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 cup green tea, brewed and chilled
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 2 chives, finely chopped
- 6 steamed asparagus, cut into ½ inch pieces and ends removed
- In a food processor, combine avocado, yogurt almonds, fresh basil, onion, agave nectar, green tea, sea salt and pepper; pulse until smooth.
- Remove from blender; transfer to a bowl and cover. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Ladle soup into four bowls; serve chilled. Garnish with chives.