With bold, aromatic spices, this side dish is a beautiful fall color, a delicious side dish, and even comes with a serving of protein. That’s a win.
- 5 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 5 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 5 teaspoons of coriander
- 3 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 large head of cauliflower washed and cut into florets
- 1 can of garbanzo beans aka chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Garlic olive oil or regular olive oil
- Optional: 3 garlic cloves
- Optional: fresh parsley topping
- Combine all ingredients under spice blend.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and spray or drizzle the pan with a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking. Place your cauliflower, beans and garlic in a bowl. Add about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of your Tikki Masala spice mixture. Toss to coat well. Then pour the mixture out onto your prepared pan and evenly distribute. Bake for 10 minutes then toss. Bake for an additional 12 minutes or until golden. Top with parsley and salt if needed. Serve with rice, your favorite protein or devour.
- This would also work on just chickpeas for a snack. Use two cans of drained beans – follow the recipe and bake until crunchy.
- Category: Side