Perfect with a cup of tea, this fine textured cake is so flavorful with a touch of crunch on top.
By Ann Low
Last week when I saw Fion’s Almond Pound Cake recipe using dairy whipping cream, I knew that I had to try out it soon as I’ve some leftover whipping cream in my fridge. I followed Fion’s recipe exactly but added an extra 2 tablespoons of almond meal. The cake texture was very fine and tasted really good, fragrant and soft. I couldn’t resist reaching for another slice and enjoyed it with a cup of tea.
- 200g Dairy whipping cream (1 cup)
- 100g Caster sugar (1/2 cup)
- 3 large Eggs
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 150g Plain flour (1 + ⅓ cup)
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp Almond meal (ground almond)
- 1 tbsp Melted butter (12g)
- Whisk dairy whipping cream with sugar at medium till peak form.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beating well after each addition until just combined and add vanilla extract.
- Sift in flour and baking powder in 2 batches, fold well with a rubber spatula. Add almond meal and fold well again.
- Lastly add in melted butter, mix well and pour into a round lined cake pan (6 or 7 inch cake pan).
- Sprinkle the almond flakes all over the top and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg C (350 F) for about 45 minutes or a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.