PARTNER POST: Discover how delicious dairy-free sweet and savory cooking can be with DREAM Ultimate Almond.
Revamp your banana bread and make it even softer and more flavorful than ever by using a rich almond beverage.
My regular banana bread recipe is taken to a whole new, delicious level with the use of new Dream Ultimate Almond. This deliciously moist almond banana bread is enjoyable for breakfast, a tasty snack or dessert.
This recipe has been my go-to for some years now and is the perfect use of those over-ripe bananas that always seem to ripen at the wrong time. I am baffled at how they can go from green and inedible to over-ripe in what seems like just hours. My regular recipe did not have any liquid until I was asked to post about the new Dream Ultimate Almond, which is so rich and creamy, it added an entirely new texture to the recipe (and as I’m typing this my husband is in the background telling me it has never been better). Now that is a testament to this product.
Being a California resident, I’m proud to know that the Dream Ultimate Almond is made with four times more real California almonds in every cup as well as 5 grams of natural protein. All their products are lactose, dairy and gluten free so this is great news for those of you with allergies and intolerances. With varieties of original, unsweetened and vanilla there is something for everyone, for every application whether you’re using it in a bowl of cereal, or getting creative in the kitchen they will all soon be available on the shelves and the refrigerated section of your Whole Foods and Sprouts stores.
The new DREAM Ultimate Almond beverage can be found now at Whole Foods and soon at your local Sprouts. Click here for a coupon.
For more inspiration, check out this grilled Caesar salad with a dairy-free dressing:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature, slightly beaten
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- ¼ cup Dream Ultimate Almond unsweetened
- ½ cup slivered almonds toasted
- Butter a loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- To another bowl cream the butter and sugar, beat until combined.
- Beat the eggs into the butter and then add mix in the mashed banana.
- Fold in ½ of the flour mix until combined, then fold in ½ of the Dream Ultimate Almond, then fold in the rest of the flour and finish with folding in the rest of the Dream Ultimate Almond. Stir in the slivered almonds.
- Spread the batter into the loaf pan evenly and bake for 60 minutes until browned and when an toothpick is inserted in the center comes out clean.
Hi, my name is Janette, originally from England, currently living in Southern California. I'm the author, recipe developer, photographer and resident redhead behind Culinary Ginger. I grew up in a household with 4 siblings where my mother cooked a from scratch meal for us every night. I took an interest at an early age in cooking and learned a lot by helping and watching my mother in the kitchen. Today that tradition is carried on my household in that I also like to cook every night. I like to use only fresh ingredients, no processed or pre-packaged foods are allowed in my kitchen. I like to try new recipes and adapt current ones from all cuisines. In addition to all of this, I am fortunate that I get to travel with my husband for business and this allows me to explore and document my findings here for you to read and hopefully, take something with you.