Italian vegetarian cuisine is rich, colorful and still utilizes classic Mediterranean ingredients to incorporate big flavor.
By Veronica Lavenia
The Italian vegetarian cuisine is rich, colorful, fragrant, modern. Despite the presence of an ingredient of Asian origin, this tofu sauce still maintains an Italian style with classic ingredients of the Mediterranean cuisine such as tomatoes, olive oil and excellent pasta, strictly hard wheat (or ancient grains as the Farro).
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- a stick of celery
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 100 g (3½ oz) natural tofu
- 250 g (9 oz) tomato puree
- sea salt to taste
- 320 g (11 0z) short pasta
- Wash the vegetables. Chop the carrot, onion, celery and cook with extra virgin olive oil to taste.
- Crumble the tofu and add to the vegetables when they are golden.?Pour the tomato sauce, salt and cook for 15 minutes over low heat.?Cook the past al dente, add the sauce, mixing the ingredients together.
- Serve immediately.