This laddu is just a handful of ingredients and requires less than 30 minutes of time to create the sweet treats. These balls are a traditional serving at Hindu Sankranthi celebrations.
Simple Indian Coconut & Raisin Laddu
Author: Siri Pulipaka
Serves: 8 small laddos
- 1 cup semolina/sooji
- 1 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1 cup sugar, lightly powdered
- 10 cashews, broken
- 10 raisins
- a pinch of cardamom
- 3 tbsp ghee (butter)
- 1 tbsp milk
- Add a tbsp of ghee in a pan and dry roast semolina (sooji) for 5 to 7 mins on low flame. Make sure to continuously stir. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In the same kadai, melt a tbsp of ghee and roast cashews & raisins. Remove and keep aside.
- Add grated coconut and roast for 1 minute. Mix in roasted rava, cardamom powder (or crushed pods), raisins, cashews and lightly powdered sugar. Roast everything for 1 minute and turn off heat.
- Warm milk and by adding little by little at-a-time make small ladoos. Store them in an air tight container.