This Sicilian mozzarella and ricotta tart is a super simple, but delicious, brunch dish.
This recipe has got to be one of the easiest snacks/appetizers/brunch items out there. Dice up some vegetables and mix them with ricotta cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese. Spread the mixture onto (pre-made) pie crust dough. That’s it!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- ¾ cup Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup (1 medium) diced zucchini
- ½ cup diced, bottled roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil or 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- Let pie crust stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Combine 1-1/4 cups of Mozzarella cheese, Ricotta cheese, zucchini and roasted peppers in medium bowl.
- Place pie crust on ungreased baking sheet; press out fold lines. Spread cheese mixture over crust leaving 1-inch border. Fold crust edges over filling; flute edges.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Combine remaining ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese and basil. Sprinkle mixture over tart; let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.