This Sicilian mozzarella and ricotta tart is a super simple, but delicious, brunch dish.
This recipe has got to be one of the easiest snacks/appetizers/brunch items out there. Dice up some vegetables and mix them with ricotta cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese. Spread the mixture onto (pre-made) pie crust dough. That’s it!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1-1/2 cups 6 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup 1 medium diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced bottled roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- Let pie crust stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Combine 1-1/4 cups of Mozzarella cheese, Ricotta cheese, zucchini and roasted peppers in medium bowl.
- Place pie crust on ungreased baking sheet; press out fold lines. Spread cheese mixture over crust leaving 1-inch border. Fold crust edges over filling; flute edges.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Combine remaining 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese and basil. Sprinkle mixture over tart; let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Michelle Keith is a South Florida native and the author of "The Village Cook". A self taught chef, her experience cooking and baking spans over 30 years. In addition to her food blog, she has also been featured in numerous websites, and writes recipes for her local community newsletter. She also is the editor of "The Domestic Mama", a blog about motherhood and family life. She currently resides in South Florida.