From the recipe book “We Make You Kindly Welcome” a summary of beloved recipes from Pleasant Hill Press. Plan a visit to this restored Shaker settlement in Kentucky and enjoy their hospitality, accommodations and simply-wonderful meals.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Cream butter and sugar until well blended.
- Beat in egg and vanilla, mixing well.
- Sift dry ingredients together; add this to creamed mixture and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Roll out floured surface and cut out desired shapes.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees F until firm but not brown ( 8 to 10 min but check your oven) . Cool and decorate as desired.
- Note: You may also roll into a cylinder shape chilled and cut off into simple rounds
- If using a cookie press omit the chilling.
- Category: cookie
- Cuisine: Shaker