Hard to resist Roasted Cauliflower and White Bean Hummus makes the perfect midday snack.
By Tania Cusak
We had this Roasted Cauliflower White Bean Dip during the holidays and each time it disappeared very fast. I was a little unsure when I took it to the first party. I put it on the table with all the food on it and I heard a couple of people say…”What’s that?”. “I don’t know, not sure” said the other. That can’t be a good sign, I thought to myself. . Hmmm, I high-tailed it outta there and got to a table of people who were talking. As I sat I heard another person say. ” Have you had some of that yellow dip with the cauliflower on top? I’m getting more ”
Oh how I do not trust my tastebuds sometimes. It was gone in a matter of minutes. It appeared again at Christmas, just cause I love cauliflower. Don’t you?
It would be perfect at any party or picnic food and absolutely the best Game Day food . EVA!
- 1 x cauliflower ( large or approximately 800 gm to 1 kg (28-35 oz) cleaned and broken or cut into florettes ( or little pieces including stem)
- 120 ml / 4 fl oz olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 x 400 gm (14 oz) can drained cannellini beans
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 heaped Tablespoon tahini
- 125 ml (4 fl oz) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon Juice (1/2 large lemon)
- Salt and pepper
- Toss the small cauliflower pieces in olive oil, smoked paprika, cumin, turmeric and salt ( you can also use really finely chopped stalk too if you like). Spread them onto an oven tray in a single layer (you may have to use two trays).
- Roast for up to an hour ( fan forced may be shorter) or until nicely browned and well softened. Set aside about a cup of roasted cauliflower for the finished dip. Pour the rest of the cauliflower, drained beans, garlic, spices, Dijon, tahini, oil and juice into the processor and blend till it is as fine as you can get it, scraping down the sides occasionally.
- Now, taste the dip. If you want a dip that is a bit softer add a ¼ cup of water at a time, till you reach the consistency you like. If you like more lemon replace some of the water with that. Add a little salt.
- To serve the dip, pour into a nice flat bowl and spread to the sides. Sprinkle with the extra cauliflower, roasted nuts or dukkah and extra smoked paprika and a splash of olive oil if you like!