With a refreshing crunch, this apple salad is a little sweet and a little savory with avocados and herbs.
This fresh and crisp salad is suitable for many occasions. Served in as an appetizer, it whets the appetite in a light and healthful way. It is also ideal as a refreshing dessert after a big meal or perfect as a snack, especially for the little ones.
Apples and avocados are a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals, proteins and antioxidants.
- 2 organic red apples
- 2 organic green apples
- 1 ripe avocado
- 50 ml 3½ oz natural apple juice
- The zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- A handful of mint leaves
- Wash and cut the apples into cubes.
- Halve the avocado and cut into cubes.
- Emulsify the apple juice with lemon.
- Sprinkle the fruit with apple and lemon juice, add the grated ginger and a sprig of mint leaves. Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving.
Veronica is a born and raised Italian. She inherited her love for travel, passion for cooking and natural, sustainable, healthy slow food from her parents. Her works have appeared in 'Vegetarian Living', 'Veggie Magazine', 'Lifestyle food', 'Australian Good Food & Travel Guide', 'Chickpea' and 'Free from Heaven', among others. She is the author of "Panini: the simple tastes of Italian style bread"; 'The Rustic Italian bakery", "The Vegetarian Italian Kitchen" and "A Modern Italian table", published by New Holland Publishers Australia.