Pomegranate and chocolate. It’s a match made in heaven! This Pomegranate-Chocolate Sauce is made with pomegranate molasses. Perfect over ice cream and more.
A sublime pairing. Pomegranate molasses and chocolate sauce.
pomegranate molasses is made by reducing pomegranate juice to a thick, intensely flavored syrup. It is tangy and a little musky with a fruity flavor, which provides a sweet-tart counterpoint to the chocolate’s bitter richness.
This finger-licking smooth and velvety pomegranate chocolate sauce is divine drizzled over ice cream, brownies, pancakes or whatever your heart desires.
Pomegranate-Chocolate SauceLei Zhang
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 25 g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 cup water
- In a small saucepan blend the cornflour and cocoa powder with the 1/3 cup of water to make a smooth paste.
- Over a medium heat, stir in 2/3 cup of water, sugar and butter until the mixture boils and thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Add the vanilla essence, pomegranate molasses and stir in.
My name is Lei. I grew up in China and have been living in New Zealand for almost two decades. During the day time, I work in an IT job. My passion for food and photograph has led me to this space where I can share my recipes and express my artistic side. I am striving to find the best matched ingredients to create the simple and tasty dishes. I summarize the recipes to as simple as possible and leave the room for your creativity. Thanks for stopping by, grab your aprons, get cooking, enjoy the food and life!