- 200g (7 ounces) dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 70g (2.5 ounces) pistachios (without shells)
- 150g (5.3 ounces) soft butter
- 150g (5.3 ounces) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150g (5.3 ounces) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pear, cored and cut into chunks
- 150g (5.3 ounces) dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 150 ml (5 fluid ounces) cream
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line a loaf tin with baking paper
- Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs individually and fold in thoroughly.
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder, and fold until thoroughly mixed.
- Pounds the pistachios until they are breadcrumb like in texture and add these and the chocolate to the cake mix. Now add the pear and mix thoroughly
- Pour the mix into the tin.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 mins or until a skewer comes out clear
- Allow to cool slightly for a few minutes and remove from baking paper and tin.
- Melt the ganache chocolate over a bain marie and stir in the cream gently and until fully mixed.
- Pour this over the loaf and decorate with some shelled pistachio.
- Category: Dessert