Like a sophisticated peanut butter and jelly sandwich, this fig and nut butter smoothie is an easy, but gourmet drink that can be a delicious snack.
This smoothie has a sophisticated, grown-up PB and J flavor to it. I say sophisticated, because I decided figs are sophisticated.
Who knew peanut butter and figs went so well together? Now, I want to go out and but some Fig Newtons, spread peanut butter all over them, and shove them into my face as fast as I can. Maybe that wouldn’t be quite the same…
This is yet another one of those recipes that is so stupid easy, you probably don’t need a recipe, but it’s more of a flavor combo idea. Feel free to play around with the main for ingredients, though! I would say, the one you don’t want to swap out would be the fresh figs—they gotta be fresh!
But swap the honey for maple syrup or agave, for a vegan option. Swap the peanut butter for almond butter, or even Nutella for a chocolate-y option. Swap the almond milk for goat’s milk yogurt for a little tang (plus I’m obsessed with figs with goat’s milk yogurt).
- 1 heaping cup halved fresh figs (I used black mission and brown turkey)
- 1 to 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 to 2 tbsp honey (or agave or maple syrup for vegan option)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 heaping cup ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into 1 or 2 glasses and enjoy!