These paleo chocolate truffles offer a creamy center with a crisp chocolate shell. Made with simple ingredients like coconut milk, ghee, and paleo-friendly chocolate chips, they’re a delicious and guilt-free treat.
For the Truffles:
- 2 cups Paleo-friendly chocolate chips (e.g., Enjoy Life Mini Chips)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (canned)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar (or maple sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Coating:
- 1 and 1/2 cups Paleo-friendly chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Unsweetened coconut (optional)
- Cocoa/cacao powder (optional)
1. Prepare the Truffle Mixture:
- Combine the chocolate chips, coconut milk, ghee, and sugar in a medium pot.
- Heat on low, stirring regularly, until the chocolate is fully melted.
- After achieving a smooth mixture, remove from heat and incorporate the vanilla extract.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass bowl or a glass 8×8 pan.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for approximately 2 hours.
2. Shape the Truffles:
- Once chilled, use a spoon to scoop out 1-tablespoon portions and place them on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. This should yield about 20-24 truffles, depending on size.
- Place the scooped truffles in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- After freezing, roll the truffles into more defined spherical shapes. Put them back in the freezer to solidify while you prepare the coating.
3. Prepare the Chocolate Coating:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips with the 2 tsp of coconut oil.
- Melt in the microwave at 50% power for 1 minute, stirring afterward.
- Continue to heat in 20-second intervals (at 50% power) until the mixture is fully melted and has a smooth consistency.
4. Coat the Truffles:
- Individually dip the truffles into the melted chocolate mixture, ensuring they’re fully coated.
- Place each coated truffle back on the wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Once all truffles are coated, refrigerate them until the chocolate hardens.
- As an alternative to the chocolate coating, the truffles can be rolled in unsweetened cocoa/cacao powder or unsweetened shredded coconut.
5. Serve and Enjoy:
- Once set, store the truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- For optimal texture and flavor, bring them to room temperature before serving.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Freezing Time: 150 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 15mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
Keywords: Paleo chocolate truffles, Guilt-free dessert, Creamy truffle center, Chocolate coating, Paleo dessert, Hot fudge sauce, Bite-sized treat, Coconut milk chocolate, Ghee truffles, Dairy-free option, Coconut palm sugar, Melt-in-your-mouth texture, Paleo-friendly chocolate, Refrigerated chocolate treat, Truffle coating options.