A great way to enjoy that fresh luscious plum flavor anytime you want. This cocktail is simple, yet oh so delicious.
Plums are at their peak right now so preserving their flavor is the best way to keep them even after the season is over. And the greatest way to enjoy the syrup is making a plum cocktail.Print
- Author: Perpetually Hungry
- Yield: 1 serving (plus extra plum simple syrup) 1x
Plum Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 plums (quartered, plus more for garnish)
- mint leaves (plus more for garnish)
- 2 oz gin
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- Seltzer (to top)
- 1 oz simple syrup
- Begin by making the plum simple syrup. In a medium saucepan add the water, sugar, and plums. Bring just to a boil, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, turn the heat off and stir and let sit for about 10 minutes to steep the plums.
- Strain into a jar and place in the fridge, covered, until ready to use.
- To make the cocktail, muddle a few leaves of mint in the bottom of a shaker. Fill with ice then top with gin, lemon juice, and the plum simple syrup.
- Shake well.
- Pour into a glass and top with seltzer
- Garnish with plums and more mint, if desired.
- Category: Cocktail
Taylor is a self-taught cook currently living in Charlotte, NC. Having grown up around a family of great cooks, Taylor has always had a passion for food, wine, and cocktails. She is a Mexican and Southern food enthusiast and has never met an avocado she hasn’t liked. You can find her on her blog, Perpetually Hungry.