A plant-based rice salad loaded with mango, red onion, radish, celery, chili, herbs, pomegranates, and cranberries. It’s the salad to end all salads, or at least until the next super salad comes along. But let’s be real, this one’s got some serious staying power. It’s like the salad version of the Energizer Bunny, just keeps on going and going and going.
This plant-based dish is packed with fresh ingredients that will make you feel like a superhero, including mango, red onion, radish, celery, chili, herbs, pomegranates, and cranberries.
Not only is it frickin’ tasty, but it is also packed with nutrients that will nourish your body and give you the strength to conquer the world (or at the very least make it through the day). With a variety of fresh ingredients, this salad is an easy way to incorporate the recommended five servings of fruits and vegetables into your diet. Yup, it really can be that easy and delicious to live a healthy life…
You can serve this as a side dish for a healthy roast, as a meal on its own, or as the star of your next potluck (because who doesn’t love being the center of attention?). It is also a great option for a desk lunch that can be made in advance and enjoyed all week.
In this recipe, we recommend using brown or wild rice for a plant-based and gluten-free option, but any grain will work well, such as quinoa or couscous (because variety is the spice of life). This salad is vegan and plant-based, making it a delicious and accessible choice for all (even those picky eaters).
Wild Rice Mango and Pomegranate Salad
A plant-based rice salad loaded with mango, red onion, radish, celery, chili, herbs, pomegranates, and cranberries.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 as a side, 2 as a main 1x
- Category: Appetizer, fruit, Salad, Side, vegan, Vegetarian
- Cuisine: American, American-Italian
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups fresh mango (chopped)
- 4 small radishes (sliced)
- 2/3 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1 medium red chili (chopped finely)
- 1 medium green chili (chopped finely)
- 1 medium red onion (finely sliced)
- 1/2 cup spring onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate rubies
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower and / or pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup each, chopped fresh herbs (parsley, mind and cilantro)
- 1 juice from one lemon
- salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients in a massive salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Portion salad into work lunch jars, or containers for the fridge. Serve as a main or as a side.
Keywords: detox, healthy, lunch, salad, vegan
Having a dynamic, free and crazy personality, this shows in my cooking. I love sharing whole food recipes, honest food with easy accessible ingredients and mouthwatering photos. I am a recipe developer, food stylist and food photographer and owner of Aninas-recipes.com, my personal food and recipe portal.