A smoky and lip-smackingly delicious eggplant dip spiced with harissa and perfect to enjoy with flaky flatbreads.
I have always loved eggplants given in any form and can have it any time of the day. So when I saw this smoky and spiced eggplant dip on tv a few years back I knew it that I had to make it straight away.
The roasted and burnt garlic added an extra flavor to the dip – and not to mention the spiciness from harissa and mild nutty flavor from tahini too this dip to an extra level of amazingness.
At first, I thought to serve the dip with pita bread sticks but unfortunately ran out of the bread. Then I had to use quick and easy lachha paratha to serve with it and frankly, it was even better than pita.
Harissa Eggplant DipSapana Behl
- 1 eggplant
- 1/4 cup harrisa
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2-4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- pepper to taste
- Roast the eggplant on a grill or directly on the flame until skin is charred. Place it in a bowl of water and once cooled, remove the skin.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and olive oil on garlic cloves and wrap them in aluminum foil.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Roast it in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor pulse the eggplant with garlic, harissa, tahini, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Season with more salt and pepper if required. Serve with pita chips.
I am Sapana Behl a stay at home mom of two lovely princesses,a passionate foodie and an enthusiastic food blogger.