These cookies were quite tasty. The texture soft on the inside with a bit of a crispy edge on the outside.
By Sherron Watson
The cookies were quite tasty. The texture soft on the inside with a bit of a crispy edge on the outside. I added a bit more orange juice to balance out the flavors a bit. I say the cookie is a carrot cookie but it has a lovely blend of orange and carrot.
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of shredded raw carrot
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup of rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ¼ teaspoon xantham Gum
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon finely shredded coconut (optional)
- Cream shortening and sugar, beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add carrots and orange juice. Combine well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and combine with wet.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto a lined cookie sheet. The cookies do spread so leave 2 inches between each one.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to cookie rack.
Sherron Watson is a writer and photographer. Her passion for food started at a young age while working with her family in their restaurant business. A career in photography gave her the experience she needed to start capturing images of her favorite dishes. This led to the creation of her blog: simply-gourmet.com. She is currently a food writer for Capital Style Magazine in Annapolis, MD.