Fried dough? Count us in! Check out this easy process for making cinnamon-sugar donuts.
Easy Puff Pastry Donuts
- 1 Sheet of puff pastry
- 1 cup cinnamon-sugar
- Oil for frying
- Defrost puff pastry and roll out to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out desired donut size and reserve centers for donut holes.
- Heat about 3 inches of oil to 350F.
- Place a few donuts in the pan at a time, do not over-crowd. Allow to fry about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on a rack with something underneath to catch the oil drippings.
- While they are still warm, cover in cinnamon-sugar.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.