A gluten-free baked or fried chicken with coconut oil is a new take on the traditional favorite.
By Nina Jesih
Everyone knows someone that doesn’t like unhealthy junk food. I always admired those people, because I must say I could not survive without hamburgers or greasy pizza. This unhealthy food was on my plate at least three times a week and I couldn’t get enough of it. But how can I live without those precious dishes? I almost gave up, but then I found a secret treasure. Try your traditional fried chicken with coconut oil or baked in the oven. For an even healthier version, omit the bacon.Print
Fried chicken with a twist
- Author: Nina Jesih
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 chicken breast
- 2–3 eggs
- 6 tsp water
- 0’5 tsp salt
- 0’5 tsp pepper
- 1 cup almond flour
- coconut oil
- bacon (by choice)
- Blend your eggs and water with a mixer and pour it on a plate.
- Mix almond flour, salt and pepper on another plate.
- Dip chicken breast into eggs and then flour.
- You can add some bacon for a better taste (use toothpicks).
- Put coconut oil in a pan and cook for a few minutes on both sides.
- You can also put the meat in an oven and bake for 25 minutes on 356°.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: English
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 210
- Sodium: 2477
- Fat: 51
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Protein: 49
Fried chicken is a dish that I loved since I was a young girl and I still think about it when I go to my grandparent’s house. Unluckily, it has so many calories I avoided fried food at arm’s length. And I don’t have to anymore!
Nina is an art historian from Slovenia, who really likes to eat. Especially junk food, so she balances it with all the natural remedies to keep her body fit, despite her profligate eating lifestyle. Also to keep up with her hunger for exciting food, she stays active in sports.