A gluten-free baked or fried chicken with coconut oil is a new take on the traditional favorite.
By Nina Jesih
Everyone knows someone that doesn’t like unhealthy junk food. I always admired those people, because I must say I could not survive without hamburgers or greasy pizza. This unhealthy food was on my plate at least three times a week and I couldn’t get enough of it. But how can I live without those precious dishes? I almost gave up, but then I found a secret treasure. Try your traditional fried chicken with coconut oil or baked in the oven. For an even healthier version, omit the bacon.
- 2 chicken breast
- 2-3 eggs
- 6 tsp water
- 0’5 tsp salt
- 0’5 tsp pepper
- 1 cup almond flour
- coconut oil
- bacon (by choice)
- Blend your eggs and water with a mixer and pour it on a plate.
- Mix almond flour, salt and pepper on another plate.
- Dip chicken breast into eggs and then flour.
- You can add some bacon for a better taste (use toothpicks).
- Put coconut oil in a pan and cook for a few minutes on both sides.
- You can also put the meat in an oven and bake for 25 minutes on 356°.
Fried chicken is a dish that I loved since I was a young girl and I still think about it when I go to my grandparent’s house. Unluckily, it has so many calories I avoided fried food at arm’s length. And I don’t have to anymore!