Try this easy to prepare tomato soup. It’s just a thing you need to fill your heart, and stomach, with comforting flavors.
The original post and more recipes can be found at kitchenheist.com
- 10 g 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 100 g 1 small Onion, diced
- 10 g 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 40 g 1/2 stick Celery, diced
- 40 g 2.5 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 400 g 14oz Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 300 g 1.5 cup Water + extra to adjust thickness
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 g 1tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 15 g 1tbsp Sugar
- 10 leaves of Basil Optional
- 80 g 5 tbsp Double Cream (Optional)
- Crusty Bread to serve
- Cook onion and celery in olive oil until softened, then add garlic and cook for further 2 min on medium high.
- Add tomato puree and cook for 2 min while stirring continuously. Then add chopped tomatoes, top with water and simmer covered for 1h.
- Once the soup is done cooking add sugar and vinegar, blend until smooth. Add extra water to adjust thickness to your liking and bring it to the boil once more.
- Optionally add thinly sliced (chiffonade) basil and cream at this point.
- Serve with some crusty bread.