Try this easy to prepare tomato soup. It’s just a thing you need to fill your heart, and stomach, with comforting flavors.
The original post and more recipes can be found at kitchenheist.com
Easy Tomato Soup
Recipe Type: Soup
- 10g (2 tsp) Olive Oil
- 100g (1 small) Onion, diced
- 10g (2 cloves) Garlic, chopped
- 40g (1/2 stick) Celery, diced
- 40g (2.5 tbsp) Tomato Puree
- 400g (14oz) Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 300g (1.5 cup) Water + extra to adjust thickness
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5g (1tsp) Red Wine Vinegar
- 15g (1tbsp) Sugar
- 10 leaves of Basil (Optional)
- 80g (5 tbsp) Double Cream (Optional)
- Crusty Bread, to serve
- Cook onion and celery in olive oil until softened, then add garlic and cook for further 2 min on medium high.
- Add tomato puree and cook for 2 min while stirring continuously. Then add chopped tomatoes, top with water and simmer covered for 1h.
- Once the soup is done cooking add sugar and vinegar, blend until smooth. Add extra water to adjust thickness to your liking and bring it to the boil once more.
- Optionally add thinly sliced (chiffonade) basil and cream at this point.
- Serve with some crusty bread.